We are continuing the explorational education here at the Tinkering Lab through the fall with Sunday programs in science and art!
Tinkering Lab 2016 Fall classes are held from Nov. 6 to Dec. 4 on Sundays, from 1:30pm to 4:30pm, for $150.
Class size is limited to 10-12 children, open to children about 6-12 years old.
Class will teach children the basic mechanics of robots, to design and build biologically inspired robots, and to combine the use of scientific principles and artistic rules.
- I can use the Engineering and Design Cycle to inform the way I plan and create my projects.
- I can identify basic mechanisms in everyday objects
- I can develop questions that help me design an objects purpose and function.
- I can understand different types of forces and the directions in which they occur in a basic mechanism.
- I can think through a motion both visually and spatially and hypothesize how it might occur.
- I can design a mechanism that mimics movement in a plant or animal.
- I can identify behavioral and physical characteristics of an animal and model them using robotics.
- I can connect external devices (input output) to a micro-controller.
- I can develop a computer program that controls the external devises and mimics an animal’s behavior.
For registration information, please visit our online system.
You can also register by walking in or calling in during our opening hours: 12pm-5pm, Wed. Fri. Sun.
Tinkering Lab Open House will be held on Sunday Oct. 9, 1pm-5pm. You can view our September event and Tinkering Lab 2016 Summer Camp wrap-up here.